Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blogging?!?!?!

I have been surfing the web for almost all of my life and strangely I have never heard of "blogs". I never realized when I would skim through my daily soccer websites that blogs even exist but they were always there hiding in the little corner of the website. Well when we first started the course and the teacher explained that we would have to post blogs weekly on issues discussed in class or text, I was dazzled. What are blogs??

"Blogs" for me was a place to freely express and share to the world what I truly felt about any kind of topic. Blogs could be used as a place to argue political views or even scandals and controversies. Blogs give you an opportunity to write about any content that is unique to your personality. It's sort of an online journal.

I dread writing any type of long papers because there are guidelines and structures to essays but not in blogs. Here you can express anything that runs through your mind at the lengths and styles that you desire. No need to write a five-page paper on topics that don't interest me. In blogs when you feel that you have clearly described and argued your point of view, your done.

As the year went on I started to get the hang on blogging. I got used to gathering ideas that would run through my mind weekly and post them online for my classmates to view. What I liked about posting blogs is that my classmates would comment on what I had to say. It was nice to see other people agree or even disagree. Its good get a different perspective from different people. The feedback from my classmates made me more comfortable about posting blogs because I knew that they always would respond with reinforcing or sometimes even diverge points.

My favorite blog I've posted this year was about the Facebook scandal at the University of South California. In the blog I express how collegiate athletes are in the public eye more than any average student and what we post on Facebook could come back to hurt us. I got to write about how our soccer coach went crazy about what we post on Facebook. He wanted to make sure that we wouldn't be posting ridiculous pictures from parties that would embarrass the soccer program at BC. In the post I got to relate real life events to what we were discussing in class. I'm more on the shy side so when I don't feel like talking in class I can just post my thought online.

I would be lying if I said that I would continue to blog beyond this class but I did enjoy it while it lasted. It wasn't the best thing I've ever experienced but I had no complaints about it. I didn't dread writing blogs like I do when I have to write essays for my other classes. I would recommend it to people who would like to share there thoughts to the world sort of like journalists. For those who like to argue there points.

No comments:

Post a Comment